The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing industry level technologists & scientist of highest caliber to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of Electronic Engineering such as Integrated electronics and circuits, Tele-communications, Computer Networking, Control & Automation, Power systems & Power electronics ever since it was established in the year of 2005. In the academic year 2009, the 1st year B.Tech intake of the department was increased from 60 to 90.
The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty,all holding M.Tech degrees from renowned institutes of India. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publishes in renowned journals and other top international journals.
Beside academic excellence, students are also encouraged in several extra-curricular activities such as taking part in training and workshops, attending conference/symposium/seminar, arranging technical and cultural fest etc.
The department runs the following AICTE APPROVED Undergraduate Program:-
|Program Name||Program Duration||Intake|
|B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years||90|
Research Activities: Research is one of the major activity of ECE department.
- Research works are carried in collaboration with senior faculty members of University of Calcutta, IIEST and Jadavpur University who are actively involved in the research works. Both Infrastructure and resources required for research are mutually shared.
- A group of ECE teachers are deeply involved in active research in the field of 4G and 5G wireless communication.
- Aim of the researchers is to achieve a speed of 1 GBPS or more with implementation technology based on 3GPP LTE Advanced wireless standards.
- Researchers are going to design and build Femto cell for very high speed reliable 4G/5G wireless communication using LTEA and WLAN IEEE802.11ac/ad standards.
- Work is going on to design an wireless transmitter-receiver which can exploit BW of greater than 500 MHz around 60 GHz carrier. It will help to increase the speed enormously.
- Another research group is engaged in the design, fabrication and characterisation of nano power generators which opens a new age of biotechnological instrumentation.